Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lavender festival July 12-14, 2013


HOW COOL IS THIS?

This year, there is an Oregon Lavender Festival with four lavender farms participating from the Applegate (my!) Valley!

The four farms are:

-Applegate Valley Lavender Farm
-Goodwin Creek Lavender Farm (Williams)   !!! My home town!!!
-Lavender Fields Forever (Ruch)
-Two Sisters Lavender Farm (Williams)  !!Again, my home town!!!

Activities include u-pick lavender, lavender distillation demos, crafts, and farm tours.


This is Deborah Thompson - Applegate Valley Lavender Farm owner.  I could imagine me in her shoes (in another life!), but since it was not meant to be, I am glad she lives nearby to visit and see what she has created.

There is also an Oregon State University Lavender Demonstration Garden on the other side of historic Jacksonville that will be open at the same time.

And in 2014, there will be two more lavender farms opening up.


www.OregonLavenderDestinations.com

1 comment: